CALL FOR POSTERS
CARLA 2020 will feature two exciting tracks: HPC (High Performance Computing) and HPC & AI (Artificial Intelligence). The latter is a new addition to the regular CARLA program and focuses on the synergies between AI applications and HPC. These synergies are bidirectional. On one hand, AI needs HPC to run its greedy algorithms to solve a large variety of problems in multiple domains. On the other hand, HPC is finding its way to increase its impact on our society thanks to the multiple existent AI applications. In both cases, the complexity of HPC & AI systems often requires the use of HPC to tackle realistic problems where both the amount of data and the number of relationships among data elements could be monumental.
Poster submission deadline: August 9,2020
Poster notification: August 16, 2020
Camera-ready version: August 23, 2020
Conference dates: September 2 to September 4, 2020
- Parallel Algorithms
- Multicore Architectures and Accelerators
- Parallel Programming Techniques
- Grid, Cloud, and Edge Computing
- HPC Education and Outreach
- HPC Infrastructure and Datacenters
- Large-scale Distributed Systems
- Scientific and Industrial Computing
- High Performance Computing Applications and Tools
- Big Data, Data Management, and Visualization
- Quantum computing
- Deep Learning
- Evolutionary Computing
- Fuzzy Systems
- Intelligence and Cybersecurity
- Knowledge Representation and Reasoning
- Ambient Intelligence
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Neural Networks
- Social Network Analysis
- Uncertainty in AI
- Cognitive Systems
- Data Mining
- Data Science
- All submissions must be in English, the only official language of the conference.
- Poster articles should not exceed 5 pages (including references).
- Articles must be formatted according to the guidelines of Avances de Ciencias e Ingeniería (ACI): Guidelines
- All submitted poster articles will be peer-reviewed by at least three reviewers.
- Only contributions that are not submitted elsewhere or currently under review will be considered.
- Only accepted contributions presented at the conference will be included in the proceedings.
- Article submission is handled electronically with Springer’s Online Conference System
- All articles accepted for publication will be included in the CARLA 2020 Proceedings, to be published in the CARLA2020 Special Edition of Avances de Ciencias e Ingeniería (ACI) of USFQ Press: https://revistas.usfq.edu.ec/index.php/avances after the camera ready process.
Esteban Meneses, National High Technology Center and Costa Rica Institute of Technology